29 September 2011

catching up...




We are still alive and busy settling in! 

We have a garden - I love it - although getting everything set up is proving quite the investment!

We also have a grape vine in our garden - wine making will commence this very weekend!

I love our new house; it has a dining room AND a lounge (luxury!), a garden,  a workshop at the bottom of the garden, a sewing room for little me AND a big sink and a tiled floor in the bathroom - two things our old flat did not have (think sink so small you could barely fit two hands in at once and carpeted floor *shudder*.

I still cannot decide where to hang all our pictures. so far a grand total of one picture has been put up.

We have been putting our much bigger kitchen to good use,  baking, chutney and jam making plus the husband's pasta making abound.

I love our new home town - farm shop, charity shops, junk shops and local goodness galore plus foraging a plenty and long countryside walks

I am doing a dress making course at the local adult education centre - although I appear to have bought four patterns rather than just the one needed to sew. I'm very excited by all the possibilities!

Our laptop is so buggered - I am blogging this with a 2 inch white stripe down the screen - more money to be spent!

To complete our move to the countryside we put our names down for an allotment - only 2 years to wait!

And finally I have a niece or nephew on the way!! Yay my brother knocked up Mrs Seeds and Stitches *double shudder*!! How lovely is Han's teeny tiny bump!

14 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful! Glad you're settling in so well (and, yeah, setting up home is such an expensive business!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times. Have fun settling in. Funnily enough, an acquaintance of ours has a grape vine and has offered us her grapes. My partner has just left the house to go and pick them for wine making purposes! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations aunty Ray- your turn next.

    Glad you're both so happy in your new pad xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to have a grape vine in your garden and make wine. Sounds so continental!
    We've got apples galore so have been making cider. Hopefully we'll make some more this weekend. Can't wait, it feels so good this goodlife lark! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm garden looks lovely and home sounds great...well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new place sounds wonderful, the garden looks great and your new town will be lots of fun. So pleased to hear you are settling in ok.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be ecstatic not to have carpeted bathrooms but looks like there is a lot more going on to bring happiness. Enjoy 'late summer' in the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds very exciting! I really want to do some more adult education courses - possibly dress making, but the thought of following a dress pattern scares me a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All sounds wonderful Ray, glad it is working out! And I'm chuckling a little behind my laptop screen at your take on events relating to Hannah's bump (which yes, is very lovely indeed)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new home sounds lovely. I'm just a tad jealous... Living in Australia and yet longing for all things English Countryside. I shall live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lawn! A dining room! I am green with envy. Hope you two are having an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO glad you are settling well into the ideal life Ray! I can't beleive you have a frickin grap vine!

    I love Kent. Love.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh you have a garden – and a grape vine! Glad to hear the move went well – and the bigger kitchen will be put to use by making lots of yummy stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to Fav and good luck with the wine!

    I'm trying to figure out where you are from the view from the garden - an oasthouse doesn't really narrow it down round here.

    ReplyDelete